Baseball season has begun! Already five teams are showing real promise for having a great season this year. Both fans and analysts are already speculating how well these teams will do. However, a couple of the teams had a bumpy week - one team had some pitching problems and lost more games than they won. Another team played the most games during the week because they ended up playing a double-header (two games in one day against the same team) to make up for an earlier game that was rained out, but they did have the home team advantage for the two games. Determine the name of each team, the number of games each played this week (5 to 7), if they were at their home stadium or traveling all week, the number of games each team won, and the number of games each team lost.
1. The three teams that had away games were the team that won only two games, the Yankees, and the team that lost two games.
2. The Blue Jays didnít play five games.
3. One team had the same number of wins and losses.
4. The Cardinals, who played five games, had one more win than the Blue Jays.
5. The Mariners only lost one game.
6. The Red Sox played at home this week.
file size 172 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
July 12, 2008