Four friends met for dinner last night at a favorite local restaurant. They had an enjoyable evening of excellent food and good company. But as it happens, each person ordered an item off the specials menu then asked for one thing to be removed and something different to be added. Privately, the wait staff thought that their changes were rather odd. But they did their best to accommodate them. Determine the full name of each friend, what each friend ordered off of the specials menu, and what was removed from each dinner plate and what was added.
1. Sara, whose last name wasnít Lost, didnít order the Caesar salad. Ms. Lost didnít add butter to her meal.
2. Mr. Wilde wanted the sauce removed, but didnít want peas added.
3. The person who ordered a meal with no broccoli wanted to add cashews. Neither of the men ordered the burger special.
4. Wanda, whose last name wasnít Heart, wanted bacon added to her meal. The person who ordered the chicken parmesan added butter to the meal.
5. Doug, whose last name wasnít Street, didnít ask to remove the parmesan cheese. The person whose last name was Heart ordered the shrimp scampi but didnít add the peas.
6. Elliot didnít order the chicken parmesan but he did want the carrots removed from his meal.
file size 194 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
December 21, 2008