The high school choir held a concert on the last Saturday evening before Christmas this year. The choir, made up of both boys and girls, sang five popular Christmas carols as well as a selection of medleys. Five of the choir had short solo parts, one each, in the five Christmas carols. Determine the full name of each soloist, what year of high school each soloist was currently in (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior), and the name of the Christmas Carol in which each performed their solo part.
1. Andy, whose last name wasn’t Rich, didn’t perform during "Jingle Bells." The sophomore had a last name of West.
2. Cindy Brent didn’t sing the solo in "Silent Night." The person who performed the solo part during "Joy to the World" was a junior in high school.
3. The two songs in which the seniors performed had “Night” in the song title.
4. The solo part in "O Holy Night" was not sung by Billy. Larry was a freshman.
5. Ms. French didn’t perform her solo during "O Holy Night."
6. The five soloists, in no particular order, were the freshman, the one who sang the solo part in "Deck the Halls," the one whose last name was Kramer, Sally, and the one who sang the solo part in "Joy to the World."
file size 209 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
January 16, 2008