The MegaMillions Lottery was a sponsored lottery in which 13 different states participated and a winning ticket hadnít been drawn in several months. Finally on Wednesday night, the MegaMillions jackpot was won Ė by five people in different states. Since the total was so large, each winner received over 70 million dollars. Each of the winners was interviewed shortly after discovering they held a winning ticket, revealing what each first planned to do with the sudden wealth. Determine the full name of each winner, what state each winner lived in, and what each planned to do first with their winnings.
1. Jeffrey didnít travel the world. Ms. Marsh didnít live in Massachusetts. Maria didnít buy a house.
2. The woman who quit working at her job didnít live in Montana. Ann Saint didnít pay off debts. The one whose last name was Price bought a house.
3. Tedís last name wasnít Cleft. Rhoda bought a new car.
4. The one who wanted to travel around the world lived in Mississippi.
5. The winner whose last name was Cleft lived in Missouri. Tedís last name wasnít Price.
6. The five winners were the one who lived in Michigan, Mr. Post, the woman who quit her job, Ann, and the one who lived in Massachusetts.
file size 199 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
March 14, 2008