Grandma Jackson made a special pillowcase for each of her five grandsons for their birthday this year. Since each of her grandsons had a different interest, she made the body of the pillowcases to match. She also added a bright trim strip on the open end of the pillowcase and embroidered each grandsonís name onto the trim. The boys all loved their pillowcases and thought it was the best present ever. Determine the name of each grandson, the topic of their pillowcase, the color of the trim added to the edge of the pillowcase, and the month of each grandsonís birthday.
1. Frank didnít get a yellow trim on his pillowcase. Elliotís birthday was in January but he didnít get a pillowcase with a brown trim. Allan didnít get a pillowcase with cowboys.
2. The five grandsons were Joe, the boy got the dinosaurs pillowcase, the boy whose birthday was in March, the boy who got the pillowcase with the brown trim, and Frank.
3. Peterís birthday was one month before the boy who had cowboys on his pillowcase but it was also after the boy who got a red trim.
4. Joe got a green trim on his pillowcase but no trucks. Frankís birthday was not in May.
5. The boy whose birthday was in March got a hockey pillowcase but it wasnít Allan. Joeís birthday was in September.
6. The boy whose birthday was in April got a pillowcase with a blue trim but no dogs.
file size 220 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
April 27, 2011