Spring is in the air! Five women studied their gardens last weekend, deciding it was high time the garden was cleaned out and new seeds were planted. So, each woman spent Sunday afternoon cleaning out her garden in preparation for planting. Each decided that during the week, theyíd plant the first of the flowers planned for the garden. Determine the full name of each woman, what type of flower each was adding to the garden, and what day of the week each planted the seeds.
1. Ms. Smith didnít plant her flowers on Wednesday. Harriet Peach didnít plant hollyhocks.
2. Betty planted violas, but not on Tuesday. Harriet planted her flowers before Martha, but after Gertrude. The petunias were planted on Friday but not by Sara.
3. Sara, whose last name wasnít Wells, didnít plant her flowers on Thursday. Bettyís last name wasnít Smith.
4. The hollyhocks were planted on Wednesday. The pansies were planted on Tuesday
5. Ms. Mann didnít plant her flowers on Friday or Monday. Marthaís last name wasnít Smith.
6. The five women were represented by Ms. Fiddler, the woman who planted petunias, the woman who planted flowers on Thursday, the woman who planted marigolds, and Harriet.
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.