While the northern regions are struggling with yet another snowstorm, the southern regions are gearing up for spring, and planting time. This week, four farmers planted seed in the first of their fields. As it happens, each farmer planted on a different day, in a different direction, and even planted a different crop. Determine the name of each farmer (one was Jack), what day each planted, the direction that each field lay from the farmer's house, and what type of grain each farmer planted.
1. Joe planted in the west field. The corn wasnít planted on Tuesday.
2. The farmer who planted in the north field didnít plant oats.
3. The farmer who planted in the south field planted wheat. Joe didnít plant the corn.
4. On Thursday, the east field was planted. The oats werenít planted on Wednesday.
5. Jake planted on Monday, but he didnít plant the corn. Jeff planted oats.
6. The farmer who planted rye didnít plant on Thursday.
file size 177 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
March 12, 2007