The new year marks the start of the new show season for the small family-run company, Shutter Bugs. Extremely talented, the four sisters were all very capable professional photographers and shared an avid enjoyment of capturing life through the lenses of their cameras. While they did a lot of freelance work, they also sold many of their best photographs of people, animals, and landscapes as vendors in various festivals, art exhibits, and other such events around the west coast and mid-west states. Each sister had a few favorite events that they attended each year, and then the rest of the events that the Shutter Bugs attended, they split between them. Fortunately, their favorite events were all during different months, in different cities, and even put on by different promoting companies, so they never had scheduling conflicts. Determine the full name of each sister (all four sisters were married and hence carried their husbandsí last names) and the city (where each event was held), month (each event was held in), and promoting company (that organized each event) of each sisterís favorite event.
1. Barbara, whose last name wasnít West, didnít go to the show in February. Teresa South didnít go to Reno.
2. Mrs. North loved the show in Albuquerque. The show organized by Fanciful Festivals wasnít attended by Madeline.
3. The show in Reno wasnít held in April. Susan didnít go to the show held in Los Angeles.
4. The show organized by Sunrise Expos was held in March. Madeline didnít go to the show in Portland.
5. The four shows, from earliest to latest, can be represented by the show organized by Karma Shows, the show held in Los Angeles, the show attended by Teresa, and the show attended by Mrs. East.
6. The show organized by Masterson Exhibits wasnít held in May.
file size 185 KB
June 1, 2008