Five families in Aliceís neighborhood are leaving town for the holidays; which is good news for Alice since each family has hired her to take care of their pet while theyíre gone. Alice loves animals so she doesnít mind taking care of them and it gives her a little extra spending money for the holidays. As a result, she always has someoneís pets to care for when holidays come around. This time, she had five different pets to care for, each at a different home located on a different street. Determine the last name of the families who hired her to take care of their pet, the street each lived on, the type of pet (cat or dog), and the petís name.
1. The Parker family lived on Maple Street but their pet wasnít named Mike. A cat lived on Forest Street but he wasnít named Spooky.
2. The two dogs were the one who lived on Rutland Street and the one whose name was Terry.
3. The Sanford family didnít have a dog but they lived on Curve Street. The Manning family had a pet named Brandy.
4. The Johnson family had a cat but he wasnít called Mike.
5. The Wood family lived on Forest Street but they didnít have a pet named Spooky.
6. One cat was named Sylvester and he lived on Brook Street.
file size 215 KB
If you enjoyed
this puzzle and want to play another one online, go
here for another online logic problem.
April 27, 2011